ACE Urology Clinic offers complete urology care to both local patients and medical travelers in Singapore. It is fully equipped to screen, diagnose, and treat both common and complex urological disorders and conditions including haematuria (blood in urine), urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases, male andropause, male sexual dysfunction, and urological cancers. Many of these conditions are treated using non-surgical or minimally invasive techniques including endoscopic and robot-assisted surgery. The clinic takes advantage of new methods and technologies to improve patient outcomes and experience.
One of the clinic’s urologists is Dr. Ong Chin Hu. His qualifications include:
- MBBS (with honours), New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Completed basic surgical training at Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2001
- Completed advanced surgical urology training at Alexandra Hospital and the National University Hospital in Singapore
- Recipient of the prestigious European Board of Urology book prize and College of Surgeon’s Gold Medal Award
- Completed fellowship training in uro-oncology and reconstructive urology at Bern University Hospital (Switzerland) under distinguished urologist, Professor Urs Studer
- Completed advanced laparoscopic and robotic uro-oncology training at Kobe University Hospital in Japan under Professor Masato Fujisawa Dr. Ong, whose areas of specialty include general urology, urological cancers, urinary stone diseases, laparoscopic and minimally invasive urological surgery, male sexual dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and prostate diseases, is a member of the Singapore Urological Association and Fellow of Academy of Medicine (Singapore), European Board of Urology, and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow).
<p>Dr. Ong Chin Hu completed his MBBS degree (with honours) from the University of New South Wales in Australia in 1997. In 2001, he completed his basic surgical training at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He then went to Singapore and in 2008, he completed his advanced surgical urology training at Alexandra Hospital and the National University Hospital with distinction. Because of this, he was chosen for the prestigious European Board of Urology (EBU) book prize and College of Surgeon’s Gold Medal Award. </p> <p>In 2009, Dr. Ong furthered his knowledge and flew to Switzerland where he completed his fellowship training in uro-oncology and reconstructive urology under Professor Urs Studer, one of the world’s most distinguished urological surgeons. </p> <p>In 2010, he served as laparoscopic uro-oncology and stone surgery Fellow at Nepean Hospital (Australia). In 2012, he obtained the prestigious Japanese Urological Association International Foundation Scholarship that sent him to Kobe University Hospital in Japan where he received further training in laparoscopic surgery and uro-oncology under Professor Masato Fujisawa. </p> <p>Dr. Ong is a former consultant urologist at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital before he joined the Pacific Healthcare Holdings, one of Singapore’s largest healthcare groups. Currently, he is serving as an assistant renal transplant surgeon at the National Organ Transplant Unit (NOTU) and clinical senior lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and the National University of Singapore.</p>