MJRC clinic is a specialist orthopaedic clinic located in Chennai, India. It is an independent private practice of Dr. A. K. Venkatachalam, a board-certified orthopaedic and arthroscopic surgeon who trained in Belgium and the United Kingdom. The clinic aims to become the preferred clinic of medical travelers who are looking for affordable but high quality orthopaedic and surgical care in India. The clinic uses the latest advancements in orthopaedics and FDA-approved materials such as implants.
MJRC clinic offers additional services to ensure that medical travelers will have hassle-free and comfortable experience. These include dedicated concierge, translation, and airport pick up and drop off services. The clinic also partners with other medical professionals who are specializing in other medical fields to provide patients multidisciplinary care when needed.
All procedures at the clinic are performed by Dr. A. K. Venkatachalam whose qualifications include:
- MBBS, University of Madras
- Diplomate of National Board (Orthopaedics), National Board of Examinations
- MS Orthopaedic, University of Delhi
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- M.Ch Orthopaedic, University of Liverpool
Dr. A. K. Venkatachalam is a certified orthopaedic surgeon both in India and United Kingdom. He is recognized for introducing several technological advances including devices, techniques, and implants in India, including full bending knee replacement, Visionaire PSI Knee, Verilast Knee, autologous chondrocyte implantation, and stem cell treatment for damaged knee cartilage, among others.
He keeps himself updated on the latest in the field of orthopaedics by consistently pursuing relevant training, courses and conferences not just in India but also in the United Kingdom, Singapore, Europe, Dubai, and Australia. These include:
- Advanced Arthroscopy Course with Cadaveric Skills Workshop, Singapore
- International Cartilage Research Society Annual Conference, Chicago, USA
- Workshop on Birmingham Mid Head Resection, Journey Knee, and Patient Specific Instruments, Australia
- Meniscal Transplantation, University of Ghent, Belgium
Dr. A. K. Venkatachalam specializes in general orthopaedic services, joint replacement (hip, knee, and shoulder) and keyhole surgery. He introduced several techniques in India including full bending knee replacement and autologous chondrocyte implantation with the goal to improve the quality of orthopaedic care in the country. He was trained in the United Kingdom and Belgium and gained extensive clinical experience after working in the UK, Oman, and Dubai. He has over 18 years of experience.