HSC Medical Centre, which was officially opened to the public on February 8, 2003, is one of the world’s leading one-stop medical centres that focuses on the prevention of heart conditions, stroke, and cancer. It offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including non-invasive coronary and conventional angiogram, balloon angioplasty, and stent implantation as well as colonoscopy, ECG, blood investigations, and gastroscopy using minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopic). The centre also uses advanced imaging systems including Siemens’s latest Somatom Definition Flash (a dual-source, dual energy CT scanner) and Siemens’s latest Magnetom Aera MRI. The centre also has fully equipped, cutting-edge operating centre.
HSC Medical Centre, which is accredited by the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council and the Malaysian Medical Council, has achieved many firsts in Malaysia including the following:
- Pioneered EECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) treatment for inoperable advanced disease in Malaysia (2002)
- Introduced the most comprehensive health diagnostic packages in the region (2003)
- The first to acquire 16-Slice MSCT (Multi-Slice CT) in Southeast Asia (2003)
- The first private healthcare provider in Malaysia awarded with MSC Status
- The first to provide non-invasive CT angiogram in Malaysia
- The first fully computerised centre to provide global risk score in the region
Aside from medical and heart centres, HSC also has centres of excellence focusing on gastroenterology, orthopaedics and sports injuries, and skin care. Each centre is staffed by a highly qualified team of specialists who brings to the table years of experience, advanced clinical expertise, and passion to provide the highest standards of medical care.
Dr. Jasmeet Singh Saren is a highly experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Joint Replacement Surgery and Sports Injuries. He trained under the Australian Fellowship Foundation in Melbourne and at the Jo De’Beers Shoulder Institute in Cape Town.