Dr. Vivien Lim established her own clinic at Gleneagles Medical Centre with the goal to provide the highest standards of endocrinology care for both local patients and medical travelers in Singapore. She uses advanced diagnostic equipment to ensure accuracy and provides individualized treatment.
Dr. Lim graduated from the National University of Singapore Medical School in 1998 and holds a Master’s degree in Internal Medicine. She was awarded an internal medicine qualification from the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) and is an accredited endocrinology specialist in Singapore. Through an HMDP (Health Manpower Development Plan) scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Health, she completed her intensive training at the Mayo Clinic in the United States where she gained extensive clinical experience in handling complex cases of endocrinology.
Prior to establishing her own clinic, she worked as a consultant at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital where she was appointed to set up an adrenal and osteoporosis service and a multi-disciplinary pituitary conference facility. Later on, she served as the hospital’s director for its endocrine residency programme. To date, she has more than 17 years of experience in medicine. Aside from her private practice, she held the post of senior lecturer at the National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and is the current vice president of the Endocrine Metabolic Society of Singapore and executive committee member of the Osteoporosis Society of Singapore.
Dr. Lim actively participates in humanitarian missions and is currently the peer coordinator of Doctors Without Borders in Singapore. She was part of the medical team that helped during the Tsunami in Sri Lanka in 2005 and Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines in 2013. In 2014, she received the Healthcare Humanity Award for her extraordinary dedication in going the extra mile to offer care and comfort to the sick and infirm.
Dr. Vivien Lim is a highly experienced endocrinologist currently practicing at Gleneagles Medical Centre in Singapore. She specializes in providing comprehensive consultation and treatment for patients, both local and international, who are suffering from diseases of the endocrine system. She uses only advanced diagnostic equipment and delivers patient-centred treatment in a comfortable environment and compassionate manner.
Calcium, Vitamin D and Osteoporosis Management
- Osteoporosis Evaluation
- Screening and Treatment of Secondary Causes of Osteoporosis
- Calcium Disorder – high or low calcium
- Vitamin D Disorder
- Comprehensive assessment of diabetes and its management
- Screening for Diabetes and its Complications
- Diet Consultation for Diabetes
- Diabetes Foot Screening and Advice
- Diabetes Management in Pregnancy
Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology
1st nodule $350, subsequent nodule $150 (excluding histology)
High Blood Pressure Treatment
Management of Adrenal Disorders
Including adrenal nodules, adrenal cancers, primary aldosteronism, pheochromocytomas
Management of Male and Female Hormone Disorders
Management of Thyroid Disorders
- High thyroid hormone states including Graves’ disease
- Low Thyroid Hormone States, Including Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Large Thyroid Glands - Assessment and Management
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Nodules
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Disorders during Pregnancy
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Biopsy
Obesity / Weight Management
- Obesity and Weight Management Consultation, including those with low weight
- Comprehensive Screening for Complications of Obesity
- Comprehensive Screening for Hormonal Causes of Obesity
Treatment for Pituitary Disorders
- Pituitary tumours
- Cushing’s disease
- Growth Hormone Disoders
- Hypopituitarism or low pituitary hormones