Dr. Cha Kar Huei completed his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree at Dalhousie University in Canada and his residency at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston and University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in the United States. He then pursued his fellowship in minimally invasive bariatric surgery at NYU School of Medicine in New York, as well as the following advanced training courses:
- Advanced laparoscopic gastro-intestinal course, Endo-Surgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA (2003)
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair course, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA (2004)
- Laparoscopic colon resection course, Florida, USA (2005)
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery Course, National University of Singapore (2009)
- Endoluminal and Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Course, Taiwan (2015)
In 2005, he was certified by the American Board of Surgery and became a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons in 2009.