Dr. Chong Kheng Yaw graduated from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College where he obtained his bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery degree. He then furthered his knowledge and attended the University of Malaya where he pursued his master of surgery in ophthalmology.
Believing that continuous education is the key to consistently deliver better patient outcomes, Dr. Chong regularly attends workshops and courses both in Malaysia and Singapore. These include:
- Surgical Refresher Course (Sabah, Malaysia)
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Workshop, Conjoint Universities (Kuala Lumpur)
- Corneal Graft Procurement and Updates Workshop (Selangor, Malaysia)
- Good Clinical Practice Certification, MOH (Kuala Lumpur)
- Case Mix System Course Certification, MOH (Selangor, Malaysia)
- Training the Trainers-Diabetic Retinopathy Screening, Ministry of Health (Malaysia)
- Ophthalmologist as Administrators, Ministry of Health (Malaysia)
- APACRS Core Instructional Course – Optimizing Outcomes in Toric IOLS (Singapore)
- APACRS Masterclasses – Glued IOL (Singapore)
- Basic Wetlab – Glued IOL, EyeConAsia (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia)
With uncompromised commitment to advance the field of ophthalmology, Dr. Chong invests time in conducting and publishing research and studies in peer-reviewed journals. Among the topics that he had researched on include sweet syndrome and compressive optic neuropathy, image-guided retrieval of intraconal foreign body, tuberculous dacryoadenitis, and allergic conjunctivitis or dry eyes. He also shares his knowledge with his peers by conducting lectures and presentations under the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Cataract and Refractive Eye Clinic is located at Pantai Hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It specializes in general ophthalmology services and cataract and refractive surgery and is fitted with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. The clinic’s goal is to provide safe, effective, and personalized treatment using innovative technologies and breakthrough procedures. The clinic is helmed by Dr. Chong Kheng Yaw, a consultant ophthalmologist with more than ten years of experience. He put a special emphasis on educating patients about their condition and presenting them with all their treatment options, which ultimately helps in empowering them make well-informed decisions regarding their eye health. Dr. Chong holds both MBBS (Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College) and Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology (University of Malaya) degrees. To stay up-to-date with latest technologies, practices, methods, and techniques in his field, he regularly attends workshops and courses both in Malaysia and abroad.