Dato’ Dr. Devan Pillay is a US-trained consultant interventional cardiologist with more than 25 years of practice experience. His areas of interest include primary angioplasty and stenting in acute myocardial infarction, intravascular ultrasound and the use of intracoronary pressure wire in the assessment of coronary stenosis, and outpatient transradial angioplasty and stenting.
He completed his medical degree (with first class honours) at Kasturba Medical College in India. He then pursued his postgraduate medical training at a number of prestigious medical schools abroad, including Stanford University School of Medicine in the United States (cardiology fellowship training) and Eastern General Hospital (Edinburgh, Scotland).
Dr. Pillay, who is a member of the Indian Academy of Medicine and the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, is registered with the Malaysian National Specialist Registry in Cardiology. He is a Fellow of the following organisations:
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (FRCP)
- American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
- Society of Cardiac Angiography & Intervention (FSCAI)
- National Heart Association of Malaysia (FNHAM)
- Academy of General Education (Manipal, India)
Dr. Pillay has received numerous awards throughout his medical career. Two of the most notable are:
- The ‘Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang', which carries the title 'Dato' by His Royal Highness The Sultan of Pahang
- Outstanding Award (1st Prize) in Cardiovascular Research at the 1999 National Heart Association Meeting