Dr. Nayna Patel is one of the most trusted specialists in the fields of infertility treatment and third party reproduction (surrogacy). She holds MD and MBBS degrees and has received five gold medals during her academic years. With special interests in assisted reproductive technology (ART), she pursued higher learning and attended various scientific programmes and IVF workshops at the National University of Singapore. She has also been to IVF centres in different countries including South Korea, USA, and the United Kingdom.
Before serving at Akanksha Infertility and IVF Clinic, she was an assistant professor at M.P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar and P.S. Medical College, Karamsad. She is also an honorable visiting gynaecologist at S.P. University since 1991.
Dr. Patel’s expertise and stellar reputation are recognised not just in India but also in many countries across the globe. Aside from the Oprah Winfrey show, her work was also featured in various local and international TV stations (including BBC News, CNN, Star TV, Zee, ND TV, and Aaj Tak) and magazines including MariClaire (USA), Maclean (Canada), Eve Magazine (London), The Week, and India Today. In addition, a documentary, a Gujarati two-act play (Miss Fool Gulabi), and book (Asha Nu Antim Kiran) were created based on her work.
As an expert in her field, she is often invited to deliver lectures on infertility and surrogacy at various national and international conferences.
Dr. Patel’s career highlights include:
- Honoured by the President of India, Narendra Modi on 27th July at Ode
- Given the Dr. Shobhanaben A. Shah Rotating Trophy for Year 2006 –07 for best social work by a medical practitioner by IMA Gujarat
- Felicitated by GCCI (Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry) by the chief minister of Gujarat, Mrs. Anadiben Patel
- Credited for Asia’s first and world’s fifth case of surrogate grandmother (2004)
- Selected as president of the State Obstetric and Gynaecological Society of Gujarat (SOGOG) for 2010