Dr. Sajeena Abdul Azeesu Kunju holds an MBBS degree, which she obtained in 1994 from Kerala University in India. She moved to Singapore in 1996 and passed the final MBBS examinations conducted by the National University of Singapore in 1999. She then went on and obtained her Master of Medicine from the same university and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2005. She has been registered with the Singapore Medical Council since 2001.
Prior to joining SM Haneefa Clinic, Dr. Kunju served at numerous hospitals in Singapore, holding different medical unit positions. These include:
- Doctor, Parkway Shenton Medical Group
- Physician, National Kidney Foundation
- Registrar, Department of Renal Medicine, Singapore General Hospital
- Medical Officer, Dover Park Hospice & Hospice Care Association
- Medical Officer, Department of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital
- Medical Officer, Department of Medicine, National University Hospital
- Medical Officer, Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute
- Medical Officer, Department of Rehabilitation, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Medical Officer, Department of Anaesthesia, Alexandra Hospital
- Medical Officer, Accident and Emergency Department, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Medical Officer, Department of Cardiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Aside from providing general healthcare to both local patients and medical travellers in Singapore, Dr. Kunju is also keen on teaching and mentoring medical students and young doctors. She is involved in conducting informal tutorial sessions for medical professionals who are preparing to take MRCP examinations. While working as a registrar at the Department of Renal Medicine at Singapore General Hospital, she was also involved in selecting and conducting final MBBS and MRCP exams.
SM Haneefa Clinic is a family-friendly general medical facility located in Chai Chee, Singapore, serving local patients, expatriates, and medical travellers. It is fully equipped to offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases and general illnesses as well as preventive medicine, skin check, and comprehensive health screening.