Dr. V. Amar graduated in India where he obtained his MBBS and Master of Science in General Surgery. He furthered his knowledge and completed his structured training in laparoscopic, metabolic, and bariatric surgeries in Coimbatore, making him the first surgeon from Andhra Pradesh to become a fellow of the National Board Examinations in minimal access surgery.
Dr. Amar, who is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow (UK), is also a member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) and a fellow of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (FMAS). He is also a Diplomate of National Board since 2006.
Dr. Amar is an expert in performing the following procedures:
- Hepatobiliary Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD - DS)
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Gastric Surgeries Laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic Mesh Repair for Incisional Hernia (IPOM)
- Laparoscopic Esophageal Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB)
- Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Roux - En - Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB)
- Laparoscopic Single Anastomosis Duodeno-Ileal Bypass with Sleeve (SADI - S)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodeno-Ileal Interposition (SG - DII)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodeno-Jejunal Bypass (SG - DJB)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Jejuno-Ileal Interposition (SG - JII)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Loop Duodeno-Jejunal Bypass (SG - LDJB)
- Laparoscopic Small Intestinal Surgeries
- Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (SG)
Dr. Amar is keenly interested in medical research and has published several articles in national and international journals. He is also often invited to national and international conferences as a speaker where he presents his papers and performs live bariatric and metabolic surgeries. He also regularly conducts continuing medical education and support group programs.
Dr. Amar V. Obesity and Diabetes Surgeries['Gastroenterology', 'General surgery'] in IndiaView full profile
Dr. V. Amar’s Obesity and Diabetes Surgery Clinic is located in Hyderabad, India. Aside from metabolic, bariatric, and advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures, the clinic also offers the expertise of a multi-disciplinary team (composed of [cardiologists](http://www.docdoc.com/info/specialty/cardiologists), pulmonologists, endocrinologists, nutritionists, and psychiatrists) that provides diagnostics and clinical support to ensure the success of the treatment. Intensive care physicians also provide 24/7 postoperative assistance to patients. Driven to become the preferred clinic for medical travelers in India, Dr. V. Amar has invested heavily in highly advanced medical facilities. All operation theatres feature high-end technologies including advanced vessel sealing systems and full HD laparoscopic equipment. The clinic is part of Continental Hospitals, a Gleneagles facility accredited by the Joint Commission International, Indian Medical Association, and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers. This gives Dr. Amar easy access to its world-class technologies, latest equipment, and updated diagnostic tests and investigations that help in improving patient care. Dr. Amar has over 16 years of experience and his qualifications include: * MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, India * MS (General Surgery), University of Bombay, India * Diplomate of the National Board (General Surgery), National Academy of Medical Sciences * Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom