Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre is a specialty hospital located in Delhi, India. Established in 1998, it is a recognised centre of excellence in cardiac care providing the latest technology and methods in cardiac bypass surgery, interventional cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, paediatric cardiology, and paediatric cardiac surgery. It is backed by advanced laboratories that carry out a complete range of investigative tests in the fields of microbiology, transfusion medicine, haematology, biochemistry, radiology, and nuclear medicine.
Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, which was acquired by Fortis Healthcare in 2005, is staffed by a huge number of talented and experienced heart specialists. It features cutting-edge technologies that are the first in the world, first in India, or first in Asia. These include dual CT scan, X-Matrix transducer technology, live 3D-ECHO & 3D TEE Doppler tissue imaging for tissue velocity mapping, and speckle tracking & acoustic quantification, among others.
Over the years, the hospital has celebrated many notable milestones including being the first to launch:
- Asia’s first coronary artery surgery using bioresorbable vascular scaffold (BVS)
- Asia’s first intra-operational fluid management technologies
- India’s first transcatheter aortic-valve implantation (TAVI) procedure
- India’s first subcutaneous defibrillator implantation (S-ICD) procedure
- India’s first pacemaker implanted via bundle pacing electronic anaesthesia charting optical coherence tomography maximo – oxymetry
The hospital’s awards include:
- Best Single Speciality Hospital – Cardiology ICICI Lombard & CNBC TV 18 India (2013, 2014, and 2015)
- Best Comprehensive Cardiac Care Service Provider in India – by FROST and SULLIVAN (2014)
- Best Institution Award by Delhi Medical Association (2013)
- Best Heart Care Centre in North India by Global Healthcare Excellence Award (2013)
- India’s Most Caring Hospital Award - Ministry of Consumer Affairs (2009 and 2012)