Fortis Hospital is a 427-bed multispecialty hospital certified by the Joint Commission International (JCI) and National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH). Nestled on 8.22 acres in the heart of Punjab, it is fully equipped to perform a range of surgical procedures including total knee and hip replacement, aortic aneurysms repair, tumour surgery, kidney tumour removal, kidney transplant, liver transplant, bariatric surgery, vascular surgery, racial dissection for oesophageal cancer, coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG), bone marrow transplantation, brachytherapy, brain aneurysm repair, cochlear implant, gastric bypass surgery, and Mohs skin cancer surgery, among others.
Certified by the Joint Commission International (JCI), Fortis features cutting-edge medical technology including the world-class Monaco Treatment Planning System used in radiation therapy as well as Siemens Biograph True point with HD PET-CT, which detects lesions as small as 1 mm. It also uses modern techniques and technologies such as laparoscopic surgery, ultrasound technology, capsule endoscopy, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanner, and chest X-rays.
Established in 2001, Fortis Hospital has been awarded several times. These include:
- FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award for Excellence in Healthcare Delivery (2009)
- CII Healthcare Award for Commitment to Excellence (2011)
- Dr. Pratap C. Reddy's Safe Care Award for Best Infection Prevention Initiative (2011)
- Best Sustainable Hospital Project Award by HBII-MEDGATE (2013)
- CII 14th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management (2013)
- Best Multi-Speciality Hospital in Mohali (Business & Service Excellence Awards) by BIG Research (2013)
- CSR Excellence Awards- We Care in 2013 MT India Healthcare Award for India’s Top Hospital
- Intel Embedded Challenge Award for innovation in industry- Catheter reprocessing (2014)
- Doc n Doc Gammex Saviour - Best Multi-Speciality Hospital- Non-Metro City (2014)