Grewal Eye Institute (GEI) offers a multi-specialty portfolio of ophthalmology services ranging from comprehensive eye check-up to complicated surgical procedures such as cataract, vitreoretinal, and laser surgeries. It was established in 1993 and is one of the first in India to be accredited by the International Standards Organisation. It is also accredited by the Joint Commission International, National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH), Indian Medical Association, All India Ophthalmology Society, and Indian Health Organisation.
With its commitment to consistently provide international standards of eye care, GEI has kept pace with time and is always at the forefront of technology and innovation. It combines medical expertise with evidence-based methods and provides accurate diagnosis as well as personalised, professional, and compassionate patient care. Its goal is to stay responsive to the needs of both young and adult patients and effectively address all known eye-related problems while keeping patient safety, comfort, and privacy in mind.
GEI, which is recognised as the first eye centre in India to provide multispecialty services, has reached significant milestones and notable achievements over the years since its establishment including the following:
- Introduced phacoemulsification stitchless cataract surgery in Chandigarh
- Pioneered the planning and implementation of eye care camps and workshops abroad in collaboration with Rotary International
- Pioneered the ophthalmology fellowship program in the private sector
- Introduced corneal collagen crosslinking (C3R) treatment for keratoconus in Chandigarh
- Became the first in Chandigarh to get affiliation for DNB and degree courses for B.Sc Optometry