Healthcare Global Enterprises is an award-winning specialist cancer treatment centre that offers advanced diagnostics, cutting-edge imaging services, and a comprehensive range of cancer treatment options. It was founded in 1989 as Bangalore Institute of Oncology and has quickly grown into a private cancer care network with more than 26 centres in India and abroad. Deeply committed to providing the highest standards of medical care to all cancer patients, HCG has been actively designing, building, and managing cancer centres across the nation.
HGC, which is the centre for advanced, complicated, and recurrent cancers, has been recognised as the leader in oncology by the Indian Health Care Awards for two consecutive years (2011 and 2012). It is also recognised for introducing pioneering innovative treatments as well as industry-changing technologies such as TrueBeam™ and CyberKnife™.
HCG has pioneered a series of firsts, including:
- First hospital in India to introduce biological reconstruction for the treatment of bone cancer, Flattening Free Filter (FFF) mode technology, high precision Trans Oral Laser Surgery (TOLS), and hyperthermia
- First in Asia to treat a patient with 3D radio-guided surgery and to perform bloodless bone marrow transplant
- First in India to perform computer-assisted tumour navigation surgery (CATS), remove a tumour in the left ventricle of the heart through CyberKnife, and to use advanced laser technology to save a patient’s vocal cord
Aside from the International Standard Organisation (ISO), HCG is also accredited by the:
- Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)